Friday, January 24, 2014

10 Million Dollar Bigfoot Bounty - review

I first heard of this while I was a guest on ZombiePalooza: Dead Again Radio. I was immediately intrigued and just had to check it out. Tonight was the first chance I had to give it a look and get caught up on what I had missed. I'm actually still watching it. What I'm seeing is basically SURVIVOR: BIGFOOT EDITION. The reason for that is simple, this is a game show that follows that format. Teams of "hunters" are given two challenges per episode and at the end, one team is eliminated. Is this what I expected? No. Sometimes that can be a good thing. You get a pleasant surprise and discover something brilliant. That's not the case here.

The teams consist of people who seem to spend more time fighting than bigfooting, not just with other teams but with each other. You also have the so called "Bigfoot Killer" Justin Smeja. Supposedly Justin shot two sasquatches and actually killed a juvenile. According to him, instead of bringing back what would be the single greatest zoological discovery in history, he thought it would be a better idea to bury the body and walk away. Later, fueled with bravado and a touch of fame, he returns to the, now frozen, grave and brings back a clump of hair that was in the general vicinity and claims it was 100% certain from the creature he killed. After testing, the hair was proven to be from a bear and Justin started crying. You can see this on Bigfoot: The New Evidence. So, this is just my opinion, Justin is a hoaxer. Having him on a team such as this dents the credibility for me.

The big problem is the game show format. If producers were serious about this, instead of eliminating people, they should place each team in a known hotspot and turn them loose. Have them spend the duration of the season searching their designated area and if nothing is found, move to a new spot on the next season.

These are just my opinions. You may really like the show and if so, more power to you. I just don't think this is the way to handle this particular subject. I will say, however, it's leaps and bounds better than that abomination that the National Geographic channel aired in which researchers and witnesses were made fun of by a comedian host.

I have had numerous people ask for my thoughts on TMDBB and, as promised, gave it a shot. I am pleased to see that Bigfoot is growing in interest. My hope is that the future will hold more shows that have legitimate interest and take things seriously. In that case, more information will be available for those who want to hit the woods and start their search. I would love to see Bigfoot be proven in my lifetime.

One final note:
The two camps in Bigfooting is kill and no kill. I'm not going into my personal stance on this just yet but if you are on the kill side, see a Bigfoot, shoot it and kill it, DON'T BURY IT AND WALK AWAY! BRING IT BACK SO IT CAN BE TESTED!

Thanks for dropping by and I'll talk with y'all later.
- Charlie

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you...
    - Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone else seems to be giving negative reviews as well. Unless they actually stumble upon something monumental (a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then) I don't foresee a second season. I'll stick with Finding Bigfoot and arguing with Renae.

    ReplyDelete