Thursday, May 30, 2013

Real Horror Update and the rest

Okay, I know that a while back I posted something on my Facebook page about visiting a local area that has quite a bit of spooky history. With the way things have been with my health, I haven't been able to make it out there. The urge to go has been there for years but the bad back kept saying, "NO! You're going to sit here and suffer!"

Anyway things are doing a little better and I'm up and moving a lot more. I'm still not 100% (and probably won't be ever again) but a rare opportunity has presented itself and quite frankly I would be a fool to pass on it. The location itself is a pain to get to in its own right and for years there has been debate on the location of the graves (if you have no idea what I'm talking about I will fill you in a little later). A neighbor of mine has claimed to know exactly where they are and the plan is that him, my great uncle and myself, will go with him to the location. The plan is to attempt to get some pictures and document the location and so forth. The area is supposedly haunted therefore I will be in high hopes of snapping some pictures of the creepies that call the place home. They may show and they may not. Either way its a rare chance to get back up there after twelve years.

If the trip for some reason doesn't happen, I will still be doing an in depth article on the history of the place for this page. If things go really well, it may be compiled together and made into my first non-fiction release.

As always, I shall keep you fine folks posted on whatever happens.

As for books, I'm getting back into the swing of things after taking some much needed time off from just about everything under the sun (a huge thanks to David Edney and Renee Torres for their help on that). The extended edition of Sticks and Stones is coming along pretty well, as is the sequel. My next release looks to be Misery Machine - a ghost story that involves a young man in a muscle car being tortured by his past as well as an angry spirit. That should be out this summer. I'm also tinkering with something I can't really talk about just yet since its not confirmed. I will say that if it does pan out, it will be really cool!

If parts of this are screwy, I apologize. Its 5:17 am and insomnia has kicked in. Some people drunk text, I insomnia blog!

Keep watching this space. Things will start to trickle in shortly. Until then, g'night, sleep tight and all that.

Special thanks to the following people for their support recently. Its been a huge help.

Glen Morgan, Elizabeth Veezer, Laurief Peterson, David Edney, Renee Torres, Red, Mayela Herrera, Sandy Shelonchik, Jim Mavity, Sean Thompson, T Bone McGraw, Robert Butt and Steven Seay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment