Monday, April 15, 2013

Full Moon classics

Any horror fan from the late 80's - early 90's has more than likely heard of Charles Band's Full Moon Films. The company has produced tons of films in the horror/sci fi genres. Here's the thing, they're great! Full Moon was the Hammer Films of my youth. They hold a special place in my little black heart.

The one series that stands out most to me is Ted Nicolaou's Subspecies. Thus far there are five films
Subspecies
Bloodstone: Subspecies II
Bloodlust: Subspecies III
Bloodstorm: Subspecies IV
and The Vampire Journals ties into them. There is rumors that a part 5 is in the works (Ted, if you read this, please say this is true. The fans desperately want it!)

The films follow the vampire Radu (Anders Hove) through the beautiful Romanian setting as he tries to capture, the equally beautiful, Michelle Morgan (played by Denice Duff).

I found the complete chronicles on Amazon.com for a very reasonable price. All five films on five discs complete with the behind the scenes segments on each. The transfer, picture, sound is all very well done. If you're like me and remember these gems, this is well worth the price. All of these films are cult classics. I should know... I'm one of the cultists!
}:-)~

Click HERE to get your copy

There is also a pretty cool FACEBOOK page you can check out as well

No comments:

Post a Comment