Thursday, August 9, 2012

Ghosts of Memory - a poem



Violent flashes of my screams
Of the demons ripping from my dreams
I will not hold back
It's time to go
To face the ghosts of long ago

Twenty three days awaiting me
Coming forth to try and take away
All that I've done and all I'll ever be

The road winds on like a serpent in coil
It's venom eating at my soul
I try to forget but it returns ten fold
Everyday I wait for the bell to toll

It's time to stand up
and face my fate alone

Violent flashes of my screams
Of the demons ripping from my dreams
I will not hold back
It's time to show the ghosts I'm not a broken soul

The dreams, they come like a thief in the night
Raging from the past and looking for a fight
Stand or fall, I'll give it all my might

Violent flashes of what's lost
Of the light that was taken
It was the cost
I will not hold back these tears
They fall
These Ghosts of Memory
Show me all there is to see

I condemn you for what you caused
Goddamn you for all that I saw
You took my life and fled away
I hereby command that you will not win this day

Welcome to the Land of the Dead
Where no prayer can save your head
Come and collect what is due
in the Hell that I have made for you


No comments:

Post a Comment