Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Lowdown of Being Down

I've been in a bit of a funk with writing as of late. This is partially due to being hunched over a keyboard all day plays hell on my back. On May 23, 2005, I broke my back in a car accident and have been having battles with it ever since.

If you have back problems, you know that when it flares up, you don't feel like doing much. I've been working on taking it easy for a while and trying not to piss off my spine. I think things will go smoothly as I move forward into new territory.

My phone has been one of my saviors when it comes to writing. I wrote Sticks And Stones on an office app and only used the computer to do edits and publishing. In fact, I'm doing this post on the little bugger right now. Yeah, I fuss at it and say horrid things about it's mother, but it's been a useful little rat bast... nevermind.

There are many stories that I want to tell and a few that I need to tell. Within the coming months, I'm hoping to dive in, pound the keyboard (or phone) to death and get them out.

I will be starting my first of two collaborations very soon (hopefully this week) and with any luck, it will kickstart the creative juices.

Another plan I have is to begin work on something that is a step away from my normal path. It will NOT be a horror story. It will be based on something that I wrote about ten years ago and have kept filed away for a rainy day. It won't be the same but it will be the driving force behind this project.

Even though it's not horror, it will be dark and violent as it's based on some pretty harsh events.

I'll post more details later and discuss some more about the collaboration with Sean M. Thompson.

The idea was to write something that is twisted, disturbing and balls to the walls scary. With this fellow, I believe that's possible.

I'm also in the process of putting together a collection for a paperback release. Most of the stories are finished and that should be landing in the near future.

Now that my insomia fueled rant is drawing near it's end, I'd like to toss out a "feel better soon" to a fellow horror writer. I feel your pain... literally. Here's hoping it all goes well and you're back to your old, smelly self again.

P.S. If they can't attatch a scorpion tail, see what they can do in the neighborhood of a gatling gun.

I also want to give a special thanks to Elizabeth Stahr for allowing me to borrow her laptop to do edits, covers and so forth.

I also want to give a thank you to David James Edney, Glen Morgan, Dave Lightfoot, R. Phillip Roberts, the fine folks on my Facebook page, The Dungeon and Moody's Survivors for keeping me sane with insanity fueled antics.

Best to all of you.
- Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment