Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Tribute to a Legend Behind The Camera

The Legend of Boggy Creek Poster
The Legend of Boggy Creek (1972)

When I was around four or five years old, I sat down and watched a movie with my family that scared the living hell out of me, yet it had a powerful effect on me. To this day that movie remains my all time favorite and I even keep a copy of the DVD in a locked case. The movie was The Legend of Boggy Creek. Now this wasn't you average, run of the mill horror flick. It was a documentary which chronicled numerous sightings of a large, hairy, bipedal creature that haunted the small town of Fouke Arkansas and surrounding areas.



The film was directed by Indiana native, Charles B. Pierce, who went on to write, direct, produce, act and even serve as set decorator for numerous films. It is even said that he came up with the famous Clint Eastwood line, "Go ahead, make my day."

Boggy Creek went on to gross around $25,000,000 and spawned the sequels: Return To Boggy Creek (1977) and Boggy Creek II ...and the Legend Continues (AKA The Barbaric Beast Of Boggy Creek part II) in 1985

 

Charles Pierce died in March of 2010 of natural causes.

Rest In Peace
June 16, 1938 - March 5, 2010

For more info on Boggy Creek, click HERE or to buy a copy of The Legend of Boggy Creek on DVD, click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment